Voloshen Law Firm - What Are the Different Types of Work Visas for the U.S.?

What Are the Different Types of Work Visas for the U.S.?

Every year, thousands of people around the world apply for the right to live and work in the US. While some will make it, there is a large number that won’t meet the strict criteria to realize this dream. Unfortunately for them, some will simply be rejected due to making mistakes or having inconsistencies in their application. A very common mistake that people make is to apply for the wrong type of work visa for their specific situation. This can jeopardize their chances of ever living and working in this great country! Here at Voloshen Law Firm, we strongly believe that everyone that applies for a US work visa deserves a fair chance. To help you understand your options, we’ve broken down the different types of work visas that you’re able to apply for.

Temporary Visas

There are several types of temporary visas that allow you to enter, travel, and work within the US for a specified period. People that qualify for these visas include seasonal workers in the farming industry or workers in specialty professions. Employees of foreign companies that need to work in the US can also get a temporary visa. Temporary visas are usually listed as “H” or “L” visas. Here’s a quick rundown of the different types of temporary visas:

  • H-1B: For workers in specialty professions
  • H-2A: For workers from specifically chosen countries who work in the farming industry
  • H-2B: For seasonal workers across multiple sectors
  • L-1A and L-1B: For workers that are employed by a company abroad and need to work in the US for up to a year.

Permanent Visas

The US offers about 140,000 immigrant visas every year to foreigners who want to live and work in the US permanently. The types of visas that meet this category range broadly in scope, with some requiring that you already have a job offer in the country before you apply. Here’s a quick rundown of the different types of permanent visas available:

  • EB-1: For workers with “extraordinary” talents such as athletes or high-profile specialists
  • EB-2: For workers that have advanced degrees in the arts and sciences
  • EB-3: For workers who are considered “skilled workers”
  • EB-4: For workers that come to the US specifically for religious work
  • EB-5: For people who want to invest and start up a business in the US. They must invest at least $500,000 or $1,000,000 and have at least 10 employees.

Find the Right Immigration Lawyer to Help You Achieve Your Goals

Living and working in the US is the dream for thousands of people, but only a select few ever make it. Employing a trusted, experienced, and highly qualified immigration lawyer increases your chances of attaining the right visa to live and work in the US. If you want to ensure you have the best chance of success, contact Voloshen Law Firm today. With the help of our dedicated immigration lawyer, Igor Voloshen, and his wonderful team, you’ll have the best chance of reaching your dreams of a life in the USA. Give us a call today at (215) 437-7854 to get our qualified assistance!

Write a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *