How to get a Visa Through Business or Employment-based Immigration

Obtaining a visa to live in Philadelphia or another part of the United States is significantly easier if you are a business owner, employed or have an advanced college degree. The challenge lies in navigating the maze of employment-based immigration. Our law office is here to help you make as seamless of a transition as possible into the greater Philadelphia area through an employment-based visa.

Visas for Work

You can become a lawful permanent resident of the United States and make meaningful contributions to Philadelphia by obtaining a visa. There are several categories of employment-based immigration visas. As an example, priority workers can qualify for a visa through the EB-1 category. Our Philadelphia law firm will help you prove you have international and/or sustained national acclaim in your field to heighten your chances of obtaining a visa.

The EB-1B category is for individuals who have three or more years of experience working as a researcher or professor. Even if you only have research experience, we will help you obtain lawful entry into the United States to advance your career.

The EB-1C category is applicable to executives and multinational managers. As long as you have worked as a manager or executive for an affiliate, subsidiary, or branch of a U.S.-based business for one or more of the prior three years before moving, there is a good chance you will be approved. Our Philadelphia immigration lawyers are here to guide you through the process to expedite and simplify the challenge of obtaining a visa.

Additional Employment-based Immigration Routes


Most people are surprised to learn those with exceptional abilities in business, sciences or the arts have the potential to qualify for a visa through the EB-2 category. However, Foreign Labor Certification will be required for a visa through this category. Those who hold advanced degrees such as a master’s degree or PhD along with 5+ years of work experience can also qualify for a visa through this category. There is also a National Interest Waiver, or NIW for short, that empowers foreign nationals with an advanced degree or exceptional ability to obtain a green card without Foreign Labor Certification.



What About Individuals Without Skills and an Advanced College Degree?

Skilled, unskilled, and professional workers without a college degree who have a minimum of two years of experience or training have the potential to qualify for a visa through the EB-3 category. The EB-4 category presents the opportunity to obtain a visa as a religious worker, special immigrant juvenile, translator, or broadcaster.

These are just a few examples of how you can get a visa through employment. Meet with our legal team and we will explore all possible options to help you live the American dream.

Voloshen Law is on Your Side

Our immigration law attorney is on your side in your quest to become an American citizen. Whether you are planning on starting a business, have already started one, or want to establish citizenship through

your employment, we can help. Reach out to us today at (215) 437-7854 or through our contact form to schedule an appointment.


More Posts

April Updates – Form N-400

Starting April 1, 2024, applicants filing Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, will have the option to request an original or

Scroll to Top