The Einstein visa or the EB – 1 visa is a preference category reserved for highly acclaimed individuals in their respective fields. The extraordinary ability green card gets its name from Albert Einstein, who obtained American Citizenship in 1932.
Getting the EB-1 visa is not easy, and you need to fulfill demanding requirements for qualification in this category. Noble prize winners, Pulitzer, Oscar, and Olympic champions are ideal candidates who qualify for this green card program.
The foreign nationals who apply for permanent residency in the United States in the Einstein visa category need to prove extraordinary abilities in arts, athletics, business, or sciences.
Requirements for EB-1A Visa
- Winning an international or national award whether as a team, individual, or part of a company. Apart from this, coaching the third party to win immense recognition in the national or international arena.
- The second requirement is membership of a group or association with high qualification criteria. Experts will judge the achievement threshold of the group or association. A typically paid membership of any group will not get eligibility.
- The third criterion is featuring in respected world-class publications or other media. Publications in local media will not meet the high requirements.
Individuals might have to submit other evidence to support their visa application. It can include notable contributions or achievements in their respective fields. Patents or inventions or running a profitable company can all get considered evidence.
EB-1A Visa – USCIS Qualifications
The evidence that the applicant submits needs to meet at least three of the ten criteria that USCIS has set:
- The individual must have demonstrated extraordinary arts, athletics, business, education, or sciences abilities. The capabilities should have got demonstrated through ongoing international and national acclaim.
- Memberships in one or more associations in a field that requires outstanding accomplishment as a criterion for membership.
- The applicant should have proof of published material in a significant trade or professional publication. Evidence in any other powerful media also gets accepted.
- Need to provide evidence that the applicant has got invited to judge the critical work of others. The invitation to consider the work of others could be either as an individual or part of an expert panel.
- Proof of business-related, scholarly, or original scientific contributions in their specific field.
- Proof of authorship of articles or scholarly books in their field. The scholarship journals should have international circulation.
- Evidence of excellent performance in a critical or leading role in a reputed organization.
- Proof of commanding an extraordinarily high salary compared to others in the same field.
- Evidence of material published in respected professional publications about the applicant’s work.
- Original scholarly or scientific research contributions in their field.
USCIS recommends that the applicant for the EB-1A visa gets references from at least ten independent experts to confirm the proof submitted. It is further proof that the citations and publications are relevant to the field and meet the basic requirements.
The immigrant extraordinary ability visa category doesn’t need a family or an employee sponsor.
Voloshen Law Firm Pennsylvania Will Help You Get Your Immigration Visa
You can contact us online through our contact form, send us an email at email@example.com, or reach us by phone at (215) 437-7854. Our firm offers services in English, Russian, Ukrainian and Spanish.